Foot & Ankle Surgery, Sports Medicine, The Foot & Ankle Institute of Darien, LLC
Trauma of the Foot and Ankle, Diabetic Care of the Lower Extremity
800 Post Road, Darien, CT 06820
The Foot & Ankle Institute of Darien, LLC
Dr. Robert Weiss is a foot and ankle surgeon who is a graduate of the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, and residency trained at The James C. Giuffre Medical Center (formerly St. Luke's & Children's medical center) in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Weiss is a known columnist and has written hundreds of articles on sports medicine related injuries, for The Norwalk Hour, The Hersam Acorn Press, The Westport News, and the Darien News Review. He is a veteran of 35 marathons and is know to many as "The Running Doctor."
Dr. Weiss is an inventor who holds 2 U.S. patents for a foot support system/orthotics which stabilizes the foot and ankle and helps as it relates to knee, hip, and lower back symptoms. He is past chief of foot and ankle surgery at the former St. Joseph's Hospital in Stamford and on the staff at Stamford Hospital and Norwalk Hospital.
Dr. Robert F. Weiss suffered as a young man from serious foot and knee problems. He has made it his life's work to use the opportunity to engage in a healthy range of activities.
He has spent over 25 years in research development and clinical testing of a patented, high-tech, biomechanical orthotic for aiding with walking, and general foot comfort. With the help of the patented product he went on to complete 35 marathons.
His orthotic treatment is directed to correct structural deficiency and muscular imbalance. A prescribed orthotic device serves to control motion and position of the leg during locomotion.
• Board Certified in Foot Surgery, American Academy of Pain Management
• Fellow American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine
• American College of Sports Medicine
• Fellow and Board Certified American Board of Forensic Examiners
• American Board of Forensic Medicine
• CT Police Chief Association and CT Law Enforcement Founder
• CT State Police Surgeon
• International Society of Police Surgeons
• 1984 and 1988 U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials Medical Advisory Committee
• Who’s Who in Medicine and Healthcare (Marquis First Edition) 1997-1998
• Certified in Homeland Security-Level 3
• Associate American College of Foot Surgeons
• Diplomat American Academy of Pain Management
Dr. Scott H. Weiss is a Connecticut native and was raised in Fairfield County. He received his B.S. degree from East Carolina University in 2001, studying Physiology. Following graduation in North Carolina, he then attended medical school at Temple University in Philadelphia, PA where he obtained his D.P.M. degree in 2005. Dr. Weiss completed his surgical residency training at the prestigious Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts, a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School.
The Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an internationally renowned institution for lower extremity limb salvage and reconstructive surgery in the diabetic population. The BIDMC is affiliated with the Joslin Diabetes Center which is a world leader in Endocrinology research.Dr. Weiss takes tremendous pride in working with patients who suffer from Diabetes Mellitus and helping them with all lower extremity ailments that involve: Wound Care, Neuropathy and Charcot Disorders. During his time at the Beth Israel, Dr. Weiss was also trained in all aspects of forefoot/hindfoot reconstructive surgery as well as lower extremity limb deformity correction. His training included time spent with the Trauma, Plastics and Vascular Surgery teams as well.
Dr. Weiss is on staff at the Stamford and Norwalk Hospitals. Dr. Weiss is very active with Hospital services which include: In-patient care, Consultations and Emergency Room call. He is passionate about caring for his patients and is dedicated to providing the best foot and ankle care available.
• American Board of Podiatric Surgery - Board Certified in Foot Surgery
• American Board of Podiatric Surgery - Board Certified in Reconstructive Rearfoot and Ankle Surgery
• American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons - Fellow
• American Podiatric Medical Association - Member
• Connecticut Podiatric Medical Association - Member